Thank you for taking a look through our stacks. Please feel free to read the BreakThru Fundraising Accelerator online or save the linked PDF files to your local drive.
We'd love to hear your success stories on how you used one of our tips or share one of yours at email@example.com that we can pass along to the BreakThru Fundraising community.
The 5 Best Ideas to Increase Year-End Campaign Results
November 15, 2009 - Gregg J. Pawlowski
"Pray like everything depends on God and work like everything depends on you."
~ Mother Theresa
This is prime time to maximize your year-end results. Regardless of where you are in your campaign, here are 5 ideas to super charge your results:
- High touch is still king - Identify your top 10 (or whatever number you have time for) LYBNTY (last year but not this year's) biggest donors and set a goal to meet face-to-face for a personal appeal.
- Answer the 5 W's in your appeal - Donors want to know "What" do you want the money for? "Who" will it help?, "Why" me?, "When" do you need it by, "Where" do I give it (snail or email)?
- 1 + 1 = 2! - To double your year-end letter/email response rate, use this formula?send it and make a follow-up call. Recruit board members, volunteers, and staff to call those that didn't respond.
- Stories warm the heart - Nothing engages donors more than a sincere thank you and a compelling story on how their gift will change lives. Use photos, client quotes and results to paint the picture.
- Never, never, never quit - Use the 3-day rule for those that didn't respond. Email out a "last chance" appeal (Dec. 29-31) and make your "Donate Now" button clear and placed above the fold.
Coaches Corner: The key is to set daily and weekly goals, then stay focused and make yourself accountable. What are your goals between now and December 31st and who are you accountable to?
If you'd like to talk about how to increase your year-end giving results, contact me.